Friday, September 26, 2008

A Very Long Week

This past week seemed to last forever. I felt unmotivated and sloppy. I worked out but not enough. So when Thursday came around (weigh in day) I was feeling nervous. Was I going to lose weight this week? I prayed it wasn't going to be a gain. I stepped on the scale and I did lose. It wasn't much, but it was a loss which is celebrated enthusiastically among fellow W.W. members. I am officially down 25 lbs and I earned my 25 lb award. I was ecstatic!

Later that night I began thinking about my previous week. What did I learn from my long drawn out week? I had been stressed and had a lot to do for my classes. I learned that if you eat the wrong foods, it doesn't really matter how much you work out. You can't lie to the scale. I had to realize again (some things have to be re learned over and over) that even though I can eat whatever I want on the Weight Watchers plan I have to be reasonable. Portion control isn't the only key if you are only eating cookie dough, chips, and anything else that could be terrible for you.

This journey isn't easy but it's one that I have to complete. I don't have any idea how long it's going to take me or how many more ups and downs I'm going to have. All I know is you have to take it one day at a time. This week I'm going to watch what I eat more closely. Be smart and you will reap the benefits.

Don't ever let yourself forget that weight loss is a process. You didn't put on all that weight over night, why should you expect to lose it that quickly? You can do it; baby steps are key!

No comments: